Tuesday 30 August 2011

As if my life isn't scary enough as it is

I'd like to start this post with an apology for taking so long between posts - but then again, I'm not being paid for this, so, your move......

On to business!

I was thinking the other day about how people in general do things every day to 'make them feel alive'. What a weird expression this is! If you want to feel alive then just sit there and consider your position in the immense universe. Pretty soon you'll be overawed with the immensity of it all and need a bit of a sleep and possibly a McFlurry.

Why would anyone want to make their life more dangerous just to feel alive? I think my life is dangerous enough as it is! Take my morning ritual of getting up, showering, getting dressed, eating and out the door.
First off the bat I could die in my sleep. Then slip in the shower and break my neck. After that I've got to tread lightly across the tiled bathroom floor making sure I don't put too much torque down or I'll be on my back trying not to cough up my spleen. Breakfast involves me using all sorts of electrical appliances that could go wrong and burn the house down. THEN I've got to actually go outside and interact with my fellow human being. If history has told us anything, it is that people are not to be trusted. They don't look when you're crossing the road. They drop stuff from building sites. Some (and I'd like to point out that it is often the Japanese section of the world here) just go bat sh*t crazy and cut people with a box opener.

Now, I don't know about you, but there is enough danger in my normal life that I don't have to jump out of a perfectly working aeroplane or climb a really big hill just to feel something. Seriously, go outside and just think of how lucky you are to live in the present time and thank your stars that you're alive to feel it.

1 comment:

  1. you have taught me something valuable here. how to rack up the DANGER!!!!!!............next time I jump out of a moving car going up a mountain I will make sure there are plenty of people from the 'Japanese section of the world' around, to intensify my feelings of danger and immediate death. :)

    ReplyDelete