Thursday 8 September 2011

The Ford Standard

I've got nothing against advertising executives. They've brought us classic adverts like that awesome Honda one, and most of the older beer ones are brilliant during half time at the football.
I DO have a problem when advertisers try to sell us something that we already have.

Take the new Ford adverts for example. Apparently all new Fords come with an easy fuel system (I don't understand how you can have a not easy fuel system) and quick clearing windscreen (because I don't know how I manage with my regular speed clearing windscreen). I'm surprised that they haven't told us that their cars have wheels. Oh wait, they do! No longer must we wallow about with our normal car stability systems. Ford have brought us their all new advanced car stability systems.
Do they really have nothing else to tell us about their new cars? I suppose it saves money - rather than having many different adverts featuring cars, that are all aimed at specific age groups etc they manage to make just one generic advert.
Why not just put the logo on our screens with a tagline with 'We make cars' or something like that? I'm sure it'd be cheaper.

Still, I'd rather watch that Ford advert a thousand times than watch Mr Go Compare!

No comments:

Post a Comment